Thursday, May 16, 2019

Cotoneaster Update



The tree was covered with big and increasingly heavier, due to rain, amounts of snow over the winter. Thus, the main trunks were bent down naturally. I decided that it is an improvement to go for a more leaning design for this cotoneaster. It was not repotted this spring which needs to be adressed next year possibly into a first bonsai pot. Also, the deadwood needs to be taken care of and worked on. This year i started by bending the lowest branch down further and more wireing and cutback will happen this season. The flower buds are swollen which looks pleasing of course with lots of them covering the tree.



June 2018

May 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment